Friday, September 22, 2017

A New Course With New Friends.....






Today was a first for me. My first round on a parkland course in Scotland and my first round with my new friends, Hampton and Dylan Pitts. We had spoken of teeing it up together earlier in the week and today was the day. The weather was beautiful, albeit a bit chilly and windy. I had long heard of Scotscraig but had never made it over here. It is only 15 - 20 minutes from St Andrews, out past the Leuchars Air Base. The course is highly touted and has previously served as the final qualifying site for the Open Championship when held in St Andrews.


The course and the company were most enjoyable As I said before, this is the first parkland course I have played over here so it was a pleasant change from the constant grind of the links courses I had been playing. That being said, while there may not have been any seaside or dunes, there was plenty of wind. As such, Scotscraig gave us all we wanted. Below are a few of the pics from the day. On a side note, I will say that there must be some prolific bird hunting in the local area as there were shot gun blasts every couple minutes throughout the front nine. I can't imagine there are many birds left after all that lead flew.

Par 4 1st tee

Killing Fields 

Par 3 6th....Almost jarred this one!





After the round, I dropped the Pitts off at their hotel and headed over to the club for a bit while Kristen finished up her daily ritual. Unfortunately, still no word on my entry into The Town Match,. Time is escaping me here so I am not too optimistic of my chances to get in. We shall see.

View from the Elders' Table
We didn't really have much for dinner plans since we we knew we were headed back to Little Italy tomorrow. As such, we thought we would try Mammacita Mexican Cantina. While the atmosphere was good, this was our least favorite of our week's dining. We left there and went to the only place that could make things right......Jannetta's. That is all!



No comments:

Post a Comment