Edinburgh and The Castle on The Hill
New here? We're posting daily from Scotland through September 21 — follow the trip.
Today, I moved in slow motion. Why? Because I didn't want the day to end. It was our last day in St Andrews for this trip and I wanted to savor every minute of it. We had such an amazing day yesterday, there was so much to be thankful for. Spence joined me at All Saints for church this morning. On the way there, I saw this rose. I walked past it at first but then turned around. I have been very intentional this trip to take note of the wonderful things that GOD has put before us. As they say, you've got to stop and smell the roses, so I did!
We made our way safely to Edinburgh after church. It was another beautiful day, making for a pleasant trip. I was eager to show Spence the Royal Mile and the Edinburgh Castle. While we didn't tour it as we had Dunnottar, he still got a good feel for the size and scope of it. The City Center and the Royal Mile were buzzing. Clear skies and warm temps had the streets full of visitors from all over.
One thing I have always loved about this city is the architecture. As I have said all week, I marvel at how they built these beautiful structures with the means at their disposal. Stunning!
Spence got sidetracked a few times with the ever-present street performers. They were working it hard today with all the crowds. Definitely some interesting acts to watch.
After a walk from one end of the Royal Mile to the other, we found ourselves in The Royal Mile Tavern. A Tennent's or two seemed to make sense after all that walking. Spence soon became enamored with the Video Poker machine in the corner. As you can see, he struck it rich for all of about five minutes before donating it all back to the cause. All in good fun!
We made our way back up the hill towards the castle before heading back to the hotel. We had an early start the next morning. The trip back to the States is always a long travel day. I cannot begin to express the joy these past ten days have given me. To be able to share this special place with my favorite human was such a blessing. Good Lord willing, we will be back here together again in the near future. Until then, I hope you have all enjoyed being a part of our adventures across the pond. Haste ye back!




















No comments:
Post a Comment