Sunday, July 24, 2016

Quality Time with My Girl.......




Today was to be spent out on The Jubilee Course. However, a sore back coupled with a most impressive display of thunder and lighting changed our plans. We decided to just mill around town today and take it easy. Kristen made her way to Hot Yoga at her friend's studio, Hot House Yoga St Andrews. I took my clubs to one of the local shops to get some work done on them. We made our way to Kingsbarns for some lunch. We tried the course but it was packed so we found a table at the quaint Inn at Kingsbarns. The food was wonderful as was the service. The Inn is family owned and they were most gracious hosts, especially their old Golden, Sophia.




After lunch we took a much needed nap before I headed to SAGC while Kristen explored the shops of Market Street. We were dining at the club tonight so it worked out perfectly. When I got there, I had the chance to show one of our newer members around the clubhouse. Being new to the club, he'd never seen it. What a treat to be able to share all of our history with him and his wife. They were actually able to circle back to the club later this evening for dinner as well. Kristen came back in time to tell me all about her favorite shops and about the legendary town cat, Hamish McHamish. While no longer with us, Hamish is forever remembered with a statue right in the heart of town. A sight I had to see for myself.

Dinner was delightful as we say overlooking the 18th green of The Old Course. Probably the best overall meal we have had this week. Over dinner we met a few other members, all of which were from Northern VA. One was a longstanding member entertaining his friends and sharing his vast knowledge of the history of St Andrews with us all. While I wasn't his primary audience I learned a few things myself. Always good to keep your eyes and ears open for new things.

After dinner we set out to find Hamish as well as some of the famous gelato from Jannettas Galateria. After delightful scoop of Cookie Dough and Peanut Butter Chocolate (Don't Judge) we had to agree Jannettas was aptly named. While today didn't go as originally planned, it was one of my favorite days thus far. Something special about spending a whole day with your best friend!


















No comments:

Post a Comment