Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Castle Course with My Queen....



Today Kristen and I were blessed with some incredible weather as we played with The Castle Course here in St. Andrews. I have been looking forward to getting back to The Castle Course since my last visit. Even more so, I am excited to be out here sharing these views with Kristen. I was super proud of how well she hit the ball today. The course wasn't too crowded this morning so we were able to cruise along comfortably, never once being held up or rushed from a group behind.










I love the way this course gives you so many beautiful backdrops. Above you can see the 2nd green and the challenges that await in trying to find it with your approach. Having played this course before certainly helps as some of the bunkers aren't always where they appear to be in relation to the green. Kristen would like you all to see where she ended up on the 2nd....



Below you can see my view from the Par 4 6th hole. Once you crest the hill it's all down hill to the green, with the town of St. Andrews as the back drop. Kristen hit her best tee ball of the day here and was delighted to have a putt for par.











Me and my girl.......





Above is the Par 4 7th green and below the beautiful short Par 3 8th hole.



 An image of the Fife Coastal Path Kristen deemed it necessary to travel earlier in the week!!!


This last one below is from the Par 4 9th hole. I love how both the 9th and Par 5 18th holes frame up so nicely in this shot. After we finished the front nine Kristen decided to take it easy on the back nine so she just enjoyed the walk while I played on.



This shot of the 10th green below really gives you an idea of the amount of slope in these greens. Admittedly, this is one of the primary reasons this course is so polarizing for the locals. There isn't another course I have found over here with this much slope. I do love the challenge though!



The Par 4 12th below is an outstanding hole. Thankfully I had it with a bit of a helping wind. Last time I was here it was straight into the wind. With so much elevation change, I'll take par every day and run. The green represents the highest point on the course. Such pretty views from here.....





The views of the coastline are some of my favorites. This is from behind the Par 3 17th. Favorite hole on the course!






Kristen reflecting on the day and anxiously waiting to see where I will end up.....


For the record, I hit it 15 or 20 feet short left of the pin. Two putts later I walked away with a par. 


Above you will see the one bunker the yardage book instructed me to avoid. Just to be contrary, my ball found its way in here. I was able to find the green from here and was left with my final putt of the day below. As you can see from the pictures, we had a gorgeous day out there. In fact, it was one of the hottest days on record in the UK since the 1940's. After lunch in the clubhouse we headed back to the house to rest up and clean up.



Tonight we headed back to the club for a bit before heading to dinner at Little Italy. Great atmosphere and food for sure. We are supposed to be playing The Jubilee Course tomorrow morning but the weather forecast isn't great. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment