Saturday, October 4, 2014

Another Crack at The Jubilee....




After a good night's rest, I was looking forward to another shot at The Jubilee Course. As you can see, I was blessed with another wonderful weather day. After a little breakfast at the bungalow, I made my way over to the course. It was a little chilly this morning and the wind has begun to pick up for the first time since I have been here. It was actually so windy during the course of last night that the wind woke me up during the night. Would be interesting to see how all that wind, if it held, would factor in today's play. I was able to get right out, being paired with a couple from Oregon and another gentlemen from England. All were in town for some good golf and a couple days at the Ryder Cup. The wind did indeed play a factor today, making for a long round out there. I birdied two of the last four holes to finish strong. Finishing like that always makes lunch or dinner taste better. 










I enjoyed my fish and chips so much yesterday that I had it again here at the New Course clubhouse. Love the views of the Old and New Course from this vantage point. Lunch didn't disappoint. After catching up with Kristen via Facetime I made my way back to the bungalow to get some laundry done and to get some rest. I made my nightly walk into town for dinner and drinks. It seemed like all of the golfing public have descended onto St Andrews. My usual haunts were slammed so I ended up trying out a burrito bar, Mexigo. It was just down the hill from the house and was surprisingly good. I know when I think burritos, I think Scotland! :) 

The Ryder Cup kicks off tomorrow with the Opening Ceremonies etc. Despite having a ticket for the day's events, I have decided to stay here in St Andrews and play golf with some Twitter friends coming into town for the weekend. They had plans to play Crail, but I was able to get us a time for tomorrow afternoon at The Castle Course. Neither of them had played it and I seemingly couldn't get enough of it this week. Thanks for another wonderful day St Andrews! 



No comments:

Post a Comment