Sunday, October 12, 2014

Ryder Cup......Day 2







I wasn't as anxious about things this morning. I knew how long it would take to get over to the Park & Ride etc. I got to the course at about the same time as yesterday. It was another beautiful morning and the crowds were even bigger. The excitement was palpable. As I did yesterday, I made my way over to the 1st tee, or as close as I could get anyway. Sam Torrance and Miguel Angel Jimenez came out to rev up the crowds, not that they needed any help. "Living in a Poulter Wonderland" was a crowd favorite this morning. I also heard "You've got Big Mac, we've got GMAC." Clever! I made may way over to the 2nd hole to watch some of the approach shots coming into this reachable par 5. It's always amazing to see how far these guys hit the ball off the tee. Birdies were flying this morning and the Americans were able to close the gap in the morning matches to a 6-5 Euro lead before the afternoon matches were to begin. Much to my surprise, and the rest of the golfing world, Captain Watson decided not to play Phil and Keegan at all on Saturday. Curious decision that would prove costly today. The US team stunk it up during the afternoon matches and put themselves in quite a deficit for tomorrow's singles matches. To win, they would have to muster the same type of magical Sunday as the Euro's did during the "Miracle at Medinah" two years ago. We shall see!

















I made my way back to the St Andrews Golf Club to watch the late coverage and hang out for a bit. The place was packed with members from all over the world. There was a lively bunch of Italians that were particularly entertaining. Such a diverse group with one common passion, GOLF! Tomorrow's singles matches don't start until 11:30 am which means a little extra sleep. After some some Fish and Chips here at the club, I headed back for some FaceTime with Kristen and Spence before heading to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment