Thursday, September 13, 2018

Back To The Kingdom....





Today is my travel day to St. Andrews. I am flying through Chicago and then on to Edinburgh this evening. While this trip has been on the books for quite some time and I've been looking forward to it, it was with mixed emotions that I boarded the plane this morning. I'm excited to to be able to share St Andrews and the Home of Golf with my brother in law, Paul. That being said, I'm already missing my partner in crime, Kristen, who's unable to make the trip. Nonetheless, this week promises a plethora of new experiences and memories to be made as well as several walks down memory lane to some of our favorite spots from years past. While this trip has been shortened quite a bit from the original plan, all the good stuff is still a go.

On Saturday, I will be teeing it up in my 2nd Town Match vs The R&A. The event has been hailed as the largest single day match play event in the world. Whether those claims are true I'll leave to others to decide. I can, however, verify that the day and all that it entails is quite special. I will be teaming with my partner, John Igoe from Edinburgh. The aforementioned brother in law Paul will be flying in first thing Monday to begin his "Golf in The Kingdom!" As it is his first time in Scotland and St Andrews, he is beyond excited. We have a jam packed week of golf planned. We will be playing several of the courses here in St. Andrews throughout the week. We will tee it up first at The Castle Course. We then head north up the coast to Carnoustie. Let this blog put Carnasty on notice that records will be broken. We will also be playing the New and Jubilee courses here in St Andrews as well as Crail and Kingsbarns.


Par 3 17th @ The Castle Course

Hogan's Alley @ Carnoustie

Par 4 18th @ New Course
Par 4 16th @ Jubilee Course
Par 3 14th @ Crail Balcomie Links 
Par 4 18th at Kingsbarns

Our adventures in St. Andrews will culminate Sunday, September 23rd with the playing of The St. Andrews Golf Club's 175th Anniversary Member Guest tournament. With an 8:21 am starting time, we will walk the hallowed fairways of The Old Course, the Home of Golf where it all began. Give us a follow and we will keep you posted on our adventures this week. That is all....LYDCP



No comments:

Post a Comment