Friday, September 14, 2018

Settling In....




6 Livingstone Place

After an uneventful flight I made it safely to Edinburgh early this morning. I noticed right away that the ongoing construction projects at the airport from years past seemed to be complete, making the Customs and Luggage process that much easier. My mode of transport for the week is a cool little Kia Sportage. Never have driven one before but as I learned on the drive to St Andrews this morning, it rides quite nicely and actually steers itself it need be. Who knew?

Home for the week is the little cottage pictured above. Kristen and I have stayed here through the years and while nothing fancy, it's all we have needed. Not to mention the fact that it's walking distance to any and everything in St. Andrews. Once I got everything unloaded I made the customary trip to Morrisons for the week's provisions. We've got enough coffee, tea and water now to float a boat. I also stocked up on a bunch of stuff to cook here until Paul gets here Monday. 




A hot shower helped me reengage the day and I was off to the club to see what was going on down there. With the Town Match tomorrow and several other Medals being contested today, the club was pretty busy. As usual, the elders were at the head table in the front window holding court and solving the world's problems. I saw some familiar faces as well as some new ones. One of the things I have enjoyed the most about the club has been that our membership spans the globe and you never know who you're gonna meet in here. 








Mmmmmmm.....




After the weather moved through and the rain subsided, I opted for some fish and chips, hold the chips, from Ham's Hame. When I went into Ham's it was cloudy and overcast. When I came out, it was a beautiful sunny evening. There is so much truth to the saying about the weather over here. "If you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes".  In my case this evening it was more like 30 minutes. Either way, I'd say we ended the day on a high note. Time to chill out at the house and get some rest. That 7:15 am tee time will be here before I know it. Guess that's all for now. LYDCP!



No comments:

Post a Comment