Sunday, September 16, 2018

Lazy Sunday.....




All Saints Episcopal Church 

Today was a lazy Sunday here in St. Andrews. Thew weather was forecasted to be clear but rather windy. I got up early and made my way to the All Saints Episcopal Church here in town. Kristen and I found this place several years ago and haven't missed a service when we have been here. The church itself is built of beautiful stone inside and out. The gardens in the courtyard are home to some of the prettiest flowers you will ever see. Once inside, the Reverend Dr. Alasdair Coles never disappoints with his message. He also has an incredible memory as he remembers us / me every time we have been back.

All Saints Episcopal Church

Courtyard Roses

Courtyard Roses

After church the sun was brightly shining as I took a walk along both the St Andrews Castle as well as the remnants of the St Andrews Cathedral. The gates weren't open yet this morning but I definitely want to make a point to bring Paul by here later this week. I want him to see where Old Tom Morris and his son, Tom Morris Jr are laid to rest.


St Andrews Castle

St Andrews Castle

St Andrews Cathedral Remnants

After my walkabout, I made my way over to the New / Jubilee Clubhouse for some brunch. It's hard to resist one of the breakfast staples here, fresh smoked salmon with eggs and bacon. So good.....

Tasty Treats

Practice Time

After coming back to the house to rest a while and let the winds die down, I made my way up to the St Andrews Links driving range for some practice. Paul's arrival tomorrow begins our seven straight days of golf. Time to tighten up. All in all, just what I needed today. Guess that's all for now. LYDCP!

No comments:

Post a Comment