Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bushmills and the Dunluce.......









An early morning and some smooth sailing landed us in the port of Larne in Northern Ireland to start our day. Kristen was a bit nervous about the ferry ride and did get a little sideways with her tummy for a while once we got in and settled. After a nap she was good as new and we were out and about to explore the village of Bushmills. This area is a very popular vacation spot during the summer months. Judging by the traffic, there were still a lot of visitors about. Since our plans had been changed, Friday afternoon and Saturday morning were free days for us. We had a wonderful dinner at the Bushmills Inn on Friday night, with some much needed fireside time after the sinful Sticky Toffee Pudding with Fresh Cream you can see above.  On Saturday, we were off to the races on Saturday. I was anxiously awaiting my round at the Royal Portrush Golf Club and Kristen was fit to be tied to get to a gym and some exercise classes. She was able to find a home at Route 2 Fitness in the village of Ballymoney while I went out to do some exploring of my own. After dropping her off I headed to the Dunluce Castle, just down the coast line from our hotel. I love history and learning about this place and how it all came to be was fascinating to me. So much so that I brought Kristen back by later in the day. Amazing what people were capable of building so many centuries ago.













No comments:

Post a Comment